Sunday, November 23, 2014

Tiger Socks for my nephew



My nephew is a senior in high school and  captain of his varsity cross country running and cross country ski teams and so inspired me to knit some very special school spirit socks. We went to the local yarn store so he could pick out the best orange and then we worked out the school crest on graph paper. Here is a link to the project on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/projects/heatherroses/slip-stitch-heel-basic-socks-3

This is Thanksgiving week and this year I've been giving gifts as I finish them instead of waiting for Christmas.  I'm thankful that my family and friends receive and appreciate my gifts.  Handmade gifts are my meditation of love for the recipient.  I pray for the giftee and share my love for them and the materials I'm using and am thankful to God for my family, friends, my creativity, abilities and access to materials, postal services and travel freedoms. 

Rejoice evermore.  Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks:  for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thes 5:16-18

1 comment: